Congratulations you said yes! You're dreaming of your big perfect day and you're happy ever after. But where do you start? What do you do?
Below I have listed a few first steps to get you on the way to happy wedding planning. I'm not going to lie, it's going to be tough, it's going to be expensive and you probably will at one point eat a whole packet of Pringles crying in your pyjamas.....
1. If you are going to use a planner now is the time before you book or plan anything go out and research and hire an amazing planner. They will help you every step of he way. But if you don't have the budget for that...
2. Venue venue venue. Dont set a date until you have chosen your venue. I kid you not some fab Sydney venues book out 2 years in advance! So start researching the venues you like and pop into their open days. check their availability and choose your dates from there
3. Approx guest numbers. Make a rough list of how many guests you want. This will help with your venue selections. Some venues cater for less than 100 guests while many others will have minimum numbers of 150. Knowing a rough number will help with making a venue short list.
4. Knowing your rough guest numbers will help when researching venues as you can start to work out the dreaded budget. The reception is your biggest cost so looking at cost per head will help you get an idea about what you need to budget.
5. Great, venue and date are booked! This is a good time to sit and work out a realistic budget. What it realistically is going to cost not what you want to spend. See our earlier blog post "budget baby budget" for more help on budgets.
6. Photographer/ hair makeup/ Florist. These suppliers are next as you can't book them until your date is set. As with venues popular vendors book out years in advance so pounce quick and book your preferred suppliers.
7. Ok now to the fun stuff time to pick gowns, theme colours, other decorations, invitations.
Good luck my lovelies you can do it and do your best to avoid becoming a....